What a crazy time to be alive, huh? I knew I wasn’t a home body before all of this COVID-19 shelter in place craziness started, but wow, I’ve never appreciated being able to go out to eat or to a bar, so much. Staying home and staying put is definitely challenging, for me at least, but I’m trying to see the positives in times like these. I can sleep in a little bit longer (I do not believe in waking up at the same time as if I was going into the office, if I can sleep more, ya girl is going to sleep more), I can sit and have coffee with my boyfriend, I have downtime that I can enjoy, rather than running around with my head cut off, like I usually am. But, at the same time, I’m getting a little bit stir crazy and bored if I’m being completely honest, so you knew a quarantine to do list was coming :). Along with some things to do, I’m going to also link some of my favorite athleisure WFH outfits & other home items. You may be working from home, but I want you to be prepared for that moment Beth will decided to have the team TURN ON THEIR WEBCAMS!! (Hi Beth – love ya)
I’ll also link some of my favorite home products since we’re all stuck inside for another 30 days, it’s the little things like a new milk frother for your lattes or new skincare products that are going to get us through these trying times.
So anyways – the world is calling to us to literally just sit on our couches, so stay safe & I hope you enjoy.
- Cook Hello Fresh meals with your partner – I’ve seen so many ads for these at home meal kits and I’ve never really bothered, but now is a better time than any to try. I actually do love cooking and grocery shopping, so it was more of an experience and something to do with Jon 🙂 but I can see how this would actually be awesome for someone who doesn’t like to cook or maybe is overwhelmed. Everything is portioned out and you’re only given exactly what you need for each meal and they walk you through step by step. You can choose between vegetarian, or low carb meals if you’d like.
- Corepower Workouts – With everyone being forced to workout at home now, these are perfect and free 🙂 Usually the membership is about $20/month but Corepower has graciously waived this since they’ve had to close all of their studios due to COVID-19. My favorite are the Yoga Sculpt classes because it’s a mix of cardio and yoga. All you need is a mat and a light set of weights for most classes. I use ankle weights that I hold in my hands, the ones I ordered are linked, here. These classes are typically held in a heated room so if you have a mini heater, now is the time to lock yourself in your room, turn up the heat and turn on a sculpt class 🙂 All you have to do is head to https://www.corepoweryoga.com/ , create a profile and click yoga on demand.
- Peloton Workouts – Since we’re on the topic of at home workouts, Peloton has workouts on demand too. These are $12/month but I feel like it’s a small price to pay since we’re all stuck inside it’s nice to mix up the workouts. My favorite instructors for the strength classes are Alex Toussaint, Olivia Amato and Cody Rigsby. Another reason I love these classes is because they’re easy to add onto other workouts since most of them come in short bursts (5 minute abs, 10 minute arms, etc.) https://www.onepeloton.com/
- Color – I’m being serious. Amazon is full of adult coloring books that are both hilarious and calming. Here is a stress reliving one and here is a funny one. I’m so excited for you, just thinking about the new colored pencils you’re going to order for your coloring book.
- Support small businesses – I’m sure you’ve heard this over and over again, but I’m here to tell you again. These times are tough and people who have to close their doors to customers are relying on their carryout orders and gift card purchases. Instead of ordering takeout from a chain restaurant, try to order from a local restaurant.
- Read a book – you know it’s good for you, why are you avoiding this??? My fav girl Lauren Elizabeth has a great March reading list compiled, you can find it, here.
- Get certified in something. Research different certifications for the field you’re in and start studying.
Now, for some cute work from home outfits & home items:
Nordstrom – crop sweater – only $16 🙂
Lululemon – on the fly jogger
These are my go to pants when I don’t want to wear leggings or sweats in the house. Which, mind you, is almost never, BUT, with this whole shelter in place situation, sometimes it’s nice to get into some more structured (but comfortable) clothing.
Madewell – T-Shirt dress
milk frother – this one can make your milk of choice hot or cold!!
It’s the little things okay?
Ankle weights – I like these because I can use them as ankle weights or hold them in my hands for upper body workouts without having to buy dumbbells as well. 3 pounds weights are good for me okay #noodlearms
USB lighter – you didn’t know you needed this for your
candles until now, so you’re welcome
GrandeLASH – This was like miracle grow for my eyelashes – I’m NOT exaggerating.
Red Wine Glass – ya just can’t go wrong with Crate & Barrel
And if all else fails – find me on apple music and play
my stay home playlist with a drinky drink – ilu bye!