Hi – Happy New Year 🙂
I can’t believe 2020 is finally over, but I am so glad for a brand new year and a fresh start. I’ve always been into taking care of my skin, but in 2020 I had a lot of time to research what my skin needed and what products could provide those needs for me. I started following a lot of dermatologists and estheticians on Instagram & Tik Tok, along with a lot of online research on different ingredients, products, etc. to really get the skincare knowledge I needed.
I’ve gotten my skin close to where I want it by keeping a consistent skincare routine with products I know are trusted by professionals.
My routines as of now:
– I rinse my face with water (I know some people wash their face, my skin is extremely dry already and I find this to be too stripping, personally)
– Apply a vitamin c serum
– Apply moisturizer
– Apply SPF (don’t skip this sis)
*don’t forget to drag it down your neck
– First cleanse (usually in the shower)
– Second cleanse (to really remove my makeup)
– Every once in a while I’ll dermaplane to remove all the peachfuzz and dead skin, this helps your makeup sit so much better on your skin and also allows your skincare products to penetrate the skin more)
– Exfoliate (I use the Summer Fridays Soft Reset Exfoliating Solution)
– Sleeping Lip Mask
– Turn on my humidifier on my nightstand for the night
Skincare can be extremely overwhelming so if you have no idea where to start, here is a four tier “skeleton” of skincare going from Tier 1 (most important) to Tier 4 (not as important). I learned this from @Bauerbeautyco (IG) @bauerbeauty (Tik Tok) she is a Michigan based esthetician and I’ve honestly learned so much from watching her videos/reading her posts. If skincare overwhelms you, just start with the items in tier 1!
1.Moisturizer, Cleanser, SPF – if you’re not super into skincare, at least have these three things in your routine.
2. Oil Cleanser & Exfoliant – An oil cleanser is recommended after your normal cleanser, especially if you’re wearing makeup, since the oil cleanser will draw out all of the remaining dirt, makeup and sweat off of your face to make sure it’s actually clean so when you apply your skincare it’s able to penetrate the skin.
3. Vitamin C – To brighten & as an antioxidant
4. Whatever else you want to add to your skincare routine that you feel like your skin needs. For me, this is my mini humidifier that I use daily to add moisture into my skin or my lip sleeping mask. If you want to reduce fine lines and plump up your skin, then maybe you add a Hyaluronic Acid to your routine. Collagen peptide serum can be added as well to boost collagen in your skin. A lot of people use jade rollers to penetrate product into the skin, or simply because it feels like an at home facial. This is the part where you have to do your own research and find and test what works for you. I’m not a dermatologist or esthetician by any means, so I encourage you to check out the people who are or have intense knowledge on skincare and find what works best for you! However, I hope this helps give you an idea of where to start. I always feel more comfortable trying products that have been recommended by a professional. I’ve listed some of my favorite skincare accounts down below along with some of my other favorite products.
My Fav Skincare accounts:
@Bauerbeautyco (IG) @Bauerbeauty (Tik Tok) – licensed esthetician
@Shereeneidriss (IG & Tik Tok) – Board Certified NYC Dermatologist
@jadeywadey180 (IG) – Holistic Medical Aesthetician, Skincare + Makeup expert
@doctorly (IG) @dermdoctor (Tik Tok) – Dermatologist