Do you want to know what I’m not good at? Saving money. Want to know what I’m awesome at? Buying bomb ass products from Ulta & Sephora 🙂 The beauty market is so saturated now a days and I know it can be overwhelming to know what products to buy and what to splurge on. BUT I’m here for you and I’m going to help you, we’ll get through this together (I do take thank you’s in the form of a nice cabernet or even a gin & tonic). Anyways, here is a list of my favorite products that are always in my makeup bag/skincare routine, per usual, everything is linked:
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask – Whenever I post this on IG, people always message me and ask me if the $45 is worth it. I’ve replaced this three times now, it is definitely worth the hype. There are a number of ways you can use this, I personally use it as a moisturizer, not a mask. I’m paying $50 for this product, I’m not putting it on, to wipe it off. I have extremely dry skin, especially in the Winter and this helped get me through those brutal Chicago blizzards. This also comes in a mini now, so if you’re not ready to commit to $50, the smaller verison is only $25. I also recently discovered putting this in my fridge and after a long, hot day in the sun, this felt amazing on my skin. I’ve even seen some people apply this and use a jade roller on top to really push it into the skin. #SELF #CARE
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz/Brow Definer/Brow Powder Duo – ABH really is the holy grail of the brow biz. I switch on and off between these three products, but I always have at least one of them in my makeup bag in soft brown. The brow wiz gives more precise “hair like strokes”, the brow definer is great for covering a lot of area with minimal effort and the brow powder just comes across more natural and blends really well with your existing brows. These produts are reasonably priced and last a while. If you haven’t tried these, come on out from under that rock you’ve been living under, trust me.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – This concealer has lasted me so long, I honestly cannot believe it. It’s creamy, it blends well and it covers up almost any blemish. 10/10.
- NARS Climax Mascara – This makes my eye lashes so long and not clumpy. What more do I need to tell you about mascara, you need this.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in Pillow Talk – I’ll admit, I was apprehensive to buy this. I hadn’t spent $34 on a lipstick before and I thought it could be a bit excessive. But OMG, it was one of the best things I’ve ever spent $34 on. It’s creamy, not drying at all and the color is great. Even if this isn’t your color, take a look at the other shades, the formula of the lipstick is just awesome. It’s kind of crazy what a good lipstick can do for your confidence.
Revlon Kiss Lip Plumping Crème – This is definitely a more affordable option ($5!!), it’s one of my favorite lip products. It’s hydrating and plumps your lips without that uncomfortable tingly feeling. I have this in the color barely blush. It pairs really well with my Whirl MAC Lip Liner.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder – I think MAC makeup gets a bad rep sometimes for being cakey or too heavy, but this is the exact opposite. I have this in the color medium golden and it’s the perfect powder to finish off my makeup or if I just want light coverage, to wear alone. You dust it all over your face and it does wonders.
DERMALOGICA Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator – This is one of the best things you can buy for your skin. It’s an exfoliant that leaves your skins so smooth and soft. This also comes in a trail size so you can try before committing to an entire bottle. When I stick to a routine and use this a few times a week, I really notice a difference in the brightness and complexion of my skin.
Marc Jacobs Blurring Coconut Face Primer – This is one of the best primers I’ve tried. It really keeps my makeup in place, blurs the appearance of your pores and smells amazing.
- Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops – This was a product I didn’t know I needed until I got it as a free sample with my sephora order. You add a few drops into your fav moisturizer before applying your makeup and boom your face is naturally glowy and tan. Sometimes I’m apprehensive to put the foam tanner on my face because I feel like it’s not natural looking….this solves that problem. You’re welcome.
- Christina Lashes – I get these on Amazon, both the Wispies (#WSP) and Demi Wispies (#DW) are so pretty. The wispies are definitely more dramatic, but I love both styles, just make sure you cut them down to fit your eye shape 🙂
Products That Are Too Hyped Up (in my opinion):
- MoroccanOil – Don’t get me wrong, this stuff smells amazing, but it’s so expensive and I really don’t ever notice a significant enough difference in my hair to repurchase it.
- NARS Creamy Concealer – This is pretty much on everyone’s holy grail product list. I don’t know why but when I apply it, it creases so much, even when I use setting powder, I don’t get it!
- Olaplex Hair Perfector – This is $28 for 3 oz, it’s expensive and the results were a bit underwelming. Maybe you need to use it religiously for it to work better, but my wallet just isn’t ready for that kind of commitment.
- Kopari Deodorant – I get that everyone is on the natural deodorant kick, but this just doesn’t work.
Yes, I’m aware that I have a spending problem and probably own too many beauty/skincare products. BUT I hope this was helpful and you add some of these to your routine.